This week I’m cracking out new recipes! And I’ve already begun the alterations. Nothing seems to fit two people quite the same…and recipes for me fall into that category. So I make it mine, whatever it is in my pot! (Likely also why I am NOT a baker. I can bake. I just really struggle with it, as I feel like there is no room for adjustment – at least not in my timeframe.)
So this week’s list is exciting! And includes quite a few vegan options! (Which I seem to make up for with cheese in the lasagna recipe…)(V=vegan, GF= gluten free)
- Baked Potato, Fully Loaded with sour cream, green onions and bacon tempeh GF Along with a beefy Spinach Salad
- Quinoa Carrot and Lentil Stew (adapted from Quinoa 365)V, GF along with homemade fresh baked bread!
- Chickpea Soup (adapted from The Vegetarian Bible)V, GF with Naan bread
- Tomato and Basil Crustless Quiche (from Quinoa 365 Cookbook)V, GF
- Spinach Lasagna (adapted from The Vegetarian Bible)
- Bean Burgers with homemade potato wedges
The altering of recipes I do is a good reminder of how everything should be altered to suit the needs of those it is for. Whether it be clothes, or relationships, food or a health plan, I think we are all individuals and no one person is exactly like another. That explains why blanket ‘diets’ and blanket treatment programs don’t work for everyone. So go out and find what works for you. Get to know yourself. Really understand what it is you need and then ask for that.
That is all we ever can know. Ourselves.
And the more we understand that, the more we can find happiness in our life.