And by diet I mean temporary lifestyle. I’m trying this out for the next 6 weeks to give my system a break from certain inflammatory food. And in the meantime it’s a good vegan experiment too! I have even found a creamer substitute for my coffee. It’s still not cream, but makes my coffee loveable and drinkable and still enjoyable. Which in turn makes me happy. Yeh for coconut creamer!
So here’s what I’ve been working on this past week:
- Thai Cashew Quinoa Salad– perfect for the summer weather and filled with energizing protein (who doesn’t LOVE thai?)
- Jumbo Stuffed Shells and Vegan cesear salad. This appears to be a take on my tofu and spinach stuffed shells recipe…only it’s not at all and doesn’t contain parmesan like my recipe. AND it tastes just as amazing. I don’t even know how that is possible but it just is. I planned on freezing half, and then we ate. it. all.
- Thai Coconut Red Curry with added edemame. Filled to the brim with veggies, and more veggies and THAI! I used red and green bell peppers, a sweet onion, edemame (about 2 cups!) broccoli and brown rice for our dinner. And of course omitted the chicken, still a veggie girl over here!
- Green “Pasta” Primavera. This was a shocker. Again, so amazing. With all the new recipes I am testing I keep anticipating failure and yet I always am so pleasantly surprised. But my poor husband ends up not getting leftovers for work. These meals are just so great, they are gone by the end of the meal. With this meal you make a sundried tomato pesto for the primavera; I doubled the recipe for that and froze it so the next time I make the meal my time is saved (and I don’t have to clean the food processor – bonus!) Bought a vegetable julienne tool (and spiral slicer) especially for this, and my many vegetable “pastas” to come! I can’t wait to give it a go on kohlrabi – so refreshing for the summer. My kids loved the carrot “pasta”! The tool I bought was easy to use and ranked high in the ratings. It also makes making vegetable pasta fast. Way faster than the manual peeler type (and anything to make my life easier working with whole foods is a GO!) You can find it on Amazon here if you are interested in expanding your kitchen helpers.
- Spinach Lentil Bake. My old go to, with love and comfort baked inside. And enough leftovers for the sitter, kids and our night out to the baseball game!
Also this past week has been energized by the longest days of sunshine in the year. Yeah for summer solstice! There just seems to be more energy in the air. With that I am off to do a run! Gotta make use of this vamped up energy. And bonus that it helps me train for another upcoming race.
I love summer!